Well folks, this is going to rattle cages and make life a little bit sticky for me, but I finally feel like its time to start publishing our FRAT test results. Before getting to the results, lets me establish some ground rules for this feature of our website.
- I am NOT a chemist, nor am I a physician of any kind. Results given are based on the FRAT system, without interpretation or medical advice.
- The FRAT system passively measures the amount of free formaldehyde releasing from a specific surface and does not discern between natural or synthetic sources.
- The FRAT system measures formaldehyde alone…nothing else. Formaldehyde is a key trigger for folks with asthma, chemical sensitivities and other health concerns.
- Results are NOT skewed to hurt or help any manufacturer or supplier.
- Samples used for testing are provided by individual consumers, not a manufacturer or other business. Therefore, we can only ASSUME that the samples have not been tainted.
- The FRAT system CAN used for YOUR samples, your home, etc. Please contact [email protected] for additional information.
- The safe level for formaldehyde is different for everyone, but we always strive for zero. But, the commonly accepted safe level for indoor air in our homes is 40ppb.
Over the last 24 months, we have tested hundreds of building materials, homes, personal care products and household goods. As I publish these results, we will begin to compile a searchable database (that our premium subscribers can access).